Five paid-for Studentships in Life Sciences on offer! Apply now
We’re offering a variety of PhD projects across biological sciences including: Animal Behaviour, Cognition and Welfare, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Evolution and Ecology, Microbiology, Forensic Anthropology, Biology and Zoology.
Of the ten advertised projects, five applicants, on five projects will be selected for funding, contingent upon the strength of the applicants.
Our Studentships are open to UK, EU and Overseas Students, Tuition Fees are included. Students will get a Stipend/Living allowance of £14,296 per annum. You will start 1st October 2016 and the Studentship will last 36 months.
Applications close 1st April – Apply now to not miss out!
Take a look at the projects on offer below.
Click staff names to email
1. Linking phenotypes with genotypes for canine chemosensory perception
Dr Malgorzata Pilot
2. Next generation analyses using next-generation DNA sequencing: testing theory for the population genomics of microbes
3. Protein conformational switches
Contact Dr Enrico Ferrari
4. Evaluating resistance mechanisms of the newly discovered antibacterial Texiobactin
Contact Dr Edward Taylor
5. Cell-to-cell communication in the diabetic kidney – keeping the art of conversation alive
Contact Dr Claire Hills
6. Characterisation of T-cells infiltrating the Type 1 diabetic islet
Contact Dr Michael Christie
7. Using virtual reality to investigate ‘protean’ anti-predator behaviour
Contact Dr Tom Pike
8. Identifying genome-wide transcriptional determinants of Alzheimer’s disease progression
Contact Dr Humberto Gutierrez
9. State-dependent ageing and senescence across multiple traits
Contact Dr Carl Soulsbury
10. Genetic basis of Morbillivirus resistance in Mediterranean striped dolphins: a 20 year time series immunogenomic and toxicology analysis, with emphasis on the effect of anthropogenic pollutants
Contact Dr Andre Moura
Candidates must have a good honours degree, or a relevant Masters degree or equivalent. A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) will be required, where appropriate.
We strongly encourage potential applicants to contact the named main supervisor for each of these to discuss the details of the project and suitability for application before submitting formal expression of interest.
Formal expressions of interest can be made by emailing your CV and a covering letter to the listed supervisor for that project. Please quote Reference: CS2016LS on all correspondence.