After graduating with a degree in Biomedical Science from the University of Lincoln, Matthew Gilbert also received the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) award for Outstanding Achievement in a Biomedical Science Honours Degree.

Matthew wrote about his experience at Lincoln below.

My degree has enabled me to explore all areas of Biomedical Science, from Genetics to Microbiology. I never thought I would be able to learn a varied range of disciplines in such detail, yet thanks to my amazing lecturers, I have managed to do just that. I firmly believe that my time at Lincoln has laid the foundations for my future career in Biomedicine and I hope to build on this by working within the NHS.

Moving forward, I hope to complete my portfolio and start my career as a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS. I am very excited to do this as I believe this will enable me to make a tangible improvement to a patient’s wellbeing by contributing to their diagnosis. In doing so, I’ll also have the potential to work with fantastic colleagues in a variety of disciplines. This is why I joined the IBMS, as membership will allow me to keep up-to-date with all areas within Biomedical science, as well as the potential to constantly keep improving myself through their CPD schemes.

Biomedical Science programmes at the University of Lincoln are accredited by the IBMS. Find out about our BSc Biomedical Science or MBio Biomedical Science.